It’s extremely important to perform the proper maintenance on your Hot Water Heater to avoid any sort of disaster. You can have severe flooding that can cause thousands of dollars to repair. There are proper maintenance techniques to avoid this from happening but here are some of the causes of a hot water heater bursting:
- Temperature and Pressure valve (T&P) could leak from too much pressure, it can be overheated or stuck
- The T&P valve could be faulty
- There could be a sediment buildup at the bottom of the tank. You will hear a popping noise coming from it.
- Rust could be corroding the tank over time. You will notice this if your hot water is a rusty brown color
These are all important signs that can signify that you are having a problem with your Water Heater. If you notice any of these signs, call P.A.C. to take care of the issue. There are also ways you can maintain your system. Some of the ways to prevent this from happening are:
- The First thing you should really do is have an experienced plumber look at your system once a year at least to prevent something like this from happening.
- If you are unable to contact a plumber then one of the first things you can do is flush and drain your tank at least once a year. By doing this, you will be able to clear out all of the sediment at the bottom
- You don’t want the tank to explode from the pressure being too high. That can be extremely dangerous for anyone involved. Research says that you should keep your tank at around 120-125 degrees and that if you put it any higher than that it can be a HUGE problem.
- Also, it’s important to test the T&P Valve to make sure that it is relieving your tank of pressure.
You know what else could prevent a disaster from happening? Purchasing a Honeywell Lyric Wifi Leak Detector. This is an excellent product because it alerts you via phone or email with any ongoing issues that you may be having with your system. (Join the Free contest on Facebook now to win one! https://contest.fbapp.io/pac-contest)
If you don’t follow these steps correctly, it can be a disaster for your household. It can cause massive flooding or in worst case scenario even an explosion. There are ways to prevent any of this from happening just by the proper maintenance. Call P.A.C. right away to check out your system!