Have you ever actually had your drains cleaned? It’s very important to perform proper cleaning on all your drains to avoid any sort of drain related issues. There are a few signs that may indicate it’s time for a drain cleaning. Some of these are:
- Overflowing Toilets
- Water Backup in your Sinks. Toilets.
- A smell coming from your systems
- Water is draining very slowly
- Using too much liquid clean drainer can also sometimes cause a problem with your drains.
There are also a few things you can do to avoid having clogged drains. Here are some ways to prevent clogged drains:
- Save cooking grease in a container. You don’t want to dump it down the drain
- Try not to throw coffee grains down the drain, this can use the drain to backup
- Try to use a drain cover to minimize larger items going down the drain the can cause a backup.
The good thing is that if you catch these issues ahead of time, then it should not be very costly to fix them. If you don’t perform the proper maintenance as needed and a problem does occur, you can expect a much higher cost for a professional to fix it. There are also a few home remedies you can do to try and clean your drains on your own.
- Use a Bent Wire Hanger
- Use Baking Soda and Vinegar
- If you have a wet and dry shop vacuum this is extremely useful.
- You can use Hot Water
- Salt and Baking Soda
- Dish Detergent
If you have any issues with clogged drains that you can’t fix on your own, call P.A.C. to take care of it!