The cold weather is coming and you want to make sure that you are properly prepared to keep you and your family warm. Heating Systems are easy to maintain and usually only have to be done once a year. You can sign up with P.A.C. for an annual Heating Contract and we will send a technician out there to clean your furnace for the season. If you decide to do it on your own, here are some important tips:
• Make sure when you are going to clean your furnace, the unit is off
• Inspect the Filter. This should be done at the beginning of heating season and once throughout it.
• Make sure to clean the blower
• Clean the blower fan and remove the blower. Use a toothbrush to clean the blades and the spaces between the blades
• Make sure you grab a vacuum and clean out all the debris inside the unit! This is very important.
• Make sure all the vents and chimneys are not being blocked by anything.
• Check the duct joints to make sure there are no leaks and seal it with metal tape to prevent any.
• Also, most importantly!! Make sure there are no gas leaks. If there is, call P.A.C. right away!
With the cold weather coming up, you really want to get ahead of this before it hits. Yes it may be warm out for now, but call P.A.C. before the cold weather hits so your system is ready to go for the season!